Information Submitted Through the Website and the Services
With respect to any individual whose personal information is provided by the User to CBR through the Website and the Services, the User represents to CBR that the User has the authority to provide such information and that the User has provided all necessary notice and obtained all necessary consents for the processing of such information contemplated by the Services the User is using.
Information CBR Obtains
CBR may obtain consumer personal information (such as name, demographics, contact details, and payment information) in connection with varioCBR activities such as (i) use of the CBR website and its applications, (ii) shipping activities, including delivery and pick-up of shipments, (iii) requests to track shipments or answer questions, (iv) events in which CBR participates, (v) promotions and other offers, and (vi) calls placed with customer service and accounting centers which may be recorded.
The types of personal information CBR may obtain includes:
- Individual and business contact information (such as name, company name, physical address, email address, telephone and fax number)
- Shipping information such as the name of recipient, address to be deliver to, email address and telephone number, (ii) signature for proof of delivery, (iii) CBR account number, and (iv) information given to CBR that helps CBR access locations to which it provides service (v) and information provided to CBR regarding the content of certain shipments, but only to the extent an identifiable person can be linked to such content.
- Information that enables CBR to verify an individual’s identity
- Names, email addresses and telephone numbers of others to whom CBR is asked to send information
- Information provided in response to surveys
- Username, password and other credentials used to access CBR products and services
- Social media handles, content and other data posted on CBR’s official social media pages or elsewhere on the Internet (such as other public locations), and information (such as email address and other information the User allow to be shared) CBR obtains through CBR-related social media apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins (including third-party login services such as “Login with Google”)
- The geographic location of the User’s mobile device if the User uses certain features of CBR’s apps
- Payment information (including payment card details or online payment services number and invoicing address) and financial information (such as bank account numbers)
- Tax identification number in circumstances in which the User requests products or services for which this information is required, or in connection with certain promotions or prize draws
- Other personal information that may be provided to CBR to obtain a CBR products or services
CBR also receives consumer personal information from CBR’s customers in order to perform services. CBR may receive personal information from third parties, including public databases, social media platforms, or third party partners such as analytics or marketing providers.
When CBR picks up or deliver a shipment or provide other services, CBR may obtain physical location data. This includes, for example, data identifying the actual location of a physical address using information such as GPS data, geocodes, latitude and longitude information, and images of the varioCBR locations.
In addition, when the User visits CBR websites, uses CBR apps, or interacts with CBR-related tools, widgets or plug-ins, CBR may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. The information CBR collects in this manner includes IP addresses, unique device identifiers, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating systems, language preferences, referring URLs, information on actions taken, and dates and times of activity. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages or apps to web servers and may be used to transmit information back to a web server. Through these automated collection methods, CBR obtains and stores “clickstream” data to provide usage patterns of the User. CBR may link certain data elements CBR has collected through automated means, such as the User’s browser information, with other information CBR has obtained about the User to let CBR know, for example, whether the User has opened an email CBR has sent to the User. CBR may also use third-party analytics tools that collect information about visitor traffic on CBR’s websites or apps. The User’s browser may tell the User how to be notified when the User receives certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies the User may not be able to use all the features of CBR’s websites or apps. Both CBR and others (such as CBR’s advertising networks) may collect personal information about CBR’s visitors’ online activities, over time and across third-party websites, when using CBR’s websites and apps.
The providers of third-party apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins on CBR’s websites and apps, such as the Google “Like” button, also may use automated means to collect information regarding the User’s interactions with these features. This information is subject to the privacy policies or notices of these providers.
As is true of most internet services, CBR gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. CBR use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve CBR’s product and services, and to gather demographic information about CBR’s user base as a whole. CBR may use this information in CBR’s marketing and advertising services.
In some of CBR’s email messages, CBR use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the CBR website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on CBR’s website. CBR track this click-through data to help CBR determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of CBR’s customer communications. If the User prefer not to be tracked in this way, the User should not click text or graphic links in the email messages. Pixel tags enable CBR to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell CBR whether mail has been opened. CBR may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
This disclosure explains “what cookies are” and the types of cookies CBR uses on its websites.
What are cookies?
A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser.
What types of cookies are used on CBR websites?
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in order to carry out a transaction or request initiated by you. Examples include, remembering information provided by the User as the User move through the site to ship or track a package, and managing the User’s logged-in statCBR during the session.
These cookies allow the website to remember choices the User have made in order to provide functionality for the User’s benefit. For example, functional cookies allow the website to remember settings specific to you, such as the User’s country selection and persistent logged-in state if selected by you, and display prior shipments, packages tracked and other customized features.
These cookies allow CBR to collect data relating to the User’s use of the website, including the content on which the User click while browsing the website, in order to improve the performance and design of the website. These cookies may be provided CBR’s third party analytic tool provider but are only used for purposes related to CBR’s websites.
These cookies remember information regarding the User’s use of the website so that CBR can serve promotional and other targeted information to the User on CBR’s website.
How do I disable or remove cookies?
Each type of web browser offers ways to restrict and delete cookies. For more information on how to manage cookies visit the appropriate link below.
Internet Explorer – https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hub/4338813/windows-help
Google Chrome – https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
Learn more about cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
How CBR Uses The Information CBR Obtains
CBR may use the information CBR obtains to:
- Pick up, deliver and track shipments
- Provide products and services the User requests (such as logistics, supply chain management, customs clearance and brokerage services, and financial services)
- Process and collect payments
- Provide customer support and respond to and communicate with the User about the User’s requests, questions and comments
- Send the User tracking updates (from CBR and/or CBR’s business partners) and help the User select convenient delivery options
- Establish and manage the User’s CBR account (including the User’s online account on corporatebusinessresource.com and its varioCBR features, such as the address book and the CBR Billing Center)
- Offer the User products and services CBR believes may interest the User
- Communicate about, and administer the User’s participation in, special events, programmers, surveys, contests, prize draws and other offers or promotions
- Enable the User to post on CBR’s blogs and interact with CBR through social media
- Send information to the User’s contacts if the User ask CBR to do so
- Process claims CBR receives in connection with CBR’s services
- Operate, evaluate and improve CBR’s business (including developing new products and services; managing communications; determining the effectiveness of CBR’s sales, marketing and advertising; analyzing and enhancing CBR’s products, services, websites and apps; ensuring the security of CBR’s networks and information systems; performing accounting, auditing, invoicing, reconciliation and collection activities; and improving and maintaining the quality of CBR’s customer services)
- Perform data analyses (including market and consumer search and analytics, trend analysis and profiling, financial analysis and anonymization of personal information)
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activity, claims and other liabilities
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and CBR’s policies
- Establish, exercise and defend legal claims
- Monitor and report compliance issues
- To provide the User with information about product upgrades, new products, services, newsletters, informative emails, and research on future product ideas or improvements
- To aide CBR in creating content that is relevant to the User
- To provide the User with special offers that may be of interest to you
- To aide CBR in creating better products and services to meet the User’s needs
- To allow the User to purchase, download, and manage product licenses, obtain access to services or otherwise engage in activities the User select
- To help the User quickly find software, services or product information important to the User
In addition, CBR uses information collected online through cookies, web beacons and other automated means for purposes such as (i) customizing CBR’s users’ visits to CBR’s websites and apps, (ii) delivering content (including advertising) tailored to CBR’s users’ interests and the manner in which CBR’s users browse CBR’s websites and apps, and (iii) managing CBR’s business. CBR may supplement data CBR collects through automated means with information about the User’s location (such as the User’s postcode) to provide the User with content that may be of interest to the User. CBR also uses this information to help diagnose technical and service problems, administer CBR’s websites and apps, identify users of CBR’s websites and apps, and gather demographic information about CBR’s users. CBR uses clickstream data to determine usage patterns and how CBR may tailor CBR’s websites and apps to better meet the needs of CBR’s users. CBR’s websites and apps are not designed to respond to “do not track” requests from browsers.
Processing and collection of personal data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by CBR or third parties in providing information, materials, resources, interviews, consulting, and other services. If a User refuses to provide personal data that is required or requested by CBR in connection with one of CBR’s lawful bases to collect such personal data, such refusal may make it impossible for SBU to provide its stated services.
- The personal information CBR collects allows CBR to keep the User posted on CBR’s latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. If the User doesn’t want to be on CBR’s mailing list, the User can opt-out anytime by updating the User’s preferences.
- CBR also uses personal information to help CBR create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve CBR’s products, materials, resources, services, content, marketing, and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes. CBR may also use the User’s personal information for account and network security purposes, including in order to protect CBR’s services for the benefit of all CBR’s users, and pre-screening or scanning uploaded content for potentially illegal content, including child welfare and sexual exploitation material. CBR uses the User’s information for anti-fraud purposes where it arises from the conduct of an online transaction with us. CBR’s uses of data for anti-fraud purposes are limited to those which are strictly necessary and within CBR’s assessed legitimate interests to protect CBR’s customers and CBR’s services. For certain online transactions CBR may also validate the information provided by the User with publicly accessible sources.
- CBR may use the User’s personal information, including date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services. For example, CBR may use date of birth to determine the age of CBR Account holders.
- From time to time, CBR may use the User’s personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to CBR’s terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to the User’s interaction with CBR, the User may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- CBR may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve CBR’s products, services, and customer communications.
- If the User enters into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion, CBR may use the information the User provide to administer those programs.
- If the User applies for a position at CBR or CBR receives the User’s information in connection with a potential role at CBR, CBR may use the User’s information to evaluate the User’s candidacy and to contact the User. If the User is a candidate, the User will receive more information about how CBR handles candidate personal information at the time of application.
Source of the User’s personal information where they are not collected from you
CBR may have received the User’s personal information from other persons if that person has shared their content with the User using CBR products, sent gift certificates and products, or invited the User to participate in CBR services or forums. CBR may also validate the information provided by the User when creating an CBR ID with a third party for security and fraud prevention purposes.
If the User is a potential candidate for employment with CBR, CBR may have received the User’s personal information from third parties such as recruiters or external websites. CBR will use the personal information CBR receives to contact the User about a potential opportunity or in evaluating the User’s candidacy. If the User did not provide CBR the User’s personal information directly, CBR will inform the User of the source when CBR first contact the User regarding the User’s candidacy. For research and development purposes, CBR may use datasets such as those that contain images, voices or other data that could be associated with an identifiable person. When acquiring such datasets, CBR does so in accordance with applicable law in the jurisdiction in which the dataset is hosted. When using such datasets for research and development, CBR does not attempt to re-identify individuals who may appear therein.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
CBR also collects data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. CBR may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that CBR collects and how CBR may use it:
- CBR may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where an CBR product is used so that CBR can better understand customer behavior and improve CBR’s products, services, and advertising.
- CBR may collect and store details of how the User uses CBR’s services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by CBR’s services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of CBR’s services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with the User’s IP address.
- With the User’s explicit consent, CBR may collect data about how the User use the User’s device and applications in order to help app developers improve their apps.
If CBR does combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
On CBR’s websites and apps, CBR may collect information about the User’s online activities for use in providing the User with advertising about products and services tailored to the User’s individual interests. This section of CBR’s Privacy Notice provides details and explains how to exercise the User’s choices.
Information CBR Shares
CBR does not sell or otherwise share personal information about the User, except as described in this Privacy Notice. To perform CBR’s services, CBR shares information with third parties such as shippers, consulting firms, marketing firms that analyze and market for CBR and its parent company AWH and its subsidiaries, third party payers and recipients. CBR also shares personal information with third parties who perform services on CBR’s behalf based on CBR’s instructions. These marketing firms and third parties are not authorized by CBR to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on CBR’s behalf or comply with legal requirements.
CBR also may share the personal information CBR obtains with CBR’s parent company AWH, its subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees, resellers and joint marketing partners. These entities, which collectively are referred to here as the “CBR Business Partners”, may use the information for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. CBR may share physical location data with CBR’s CBR Business Partners and other third parties to, for example, refine promotions specific to the User, provider offers and recommendations to Users specific to the User’s activity and history of usage, enhance location-based services and develop accurate and up-to-date maps. In addition, except as described below, unless the User objects, CBR may share other personal information with third parties who are not CBR Business Partners for those parties’ own purposes, such as to offer products or services that may interest the User.
Information collected through third-party apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins (such as information obtained through third-party login services or relating to the User’s use of a Google “Like” button) is collected directly by the providers of these features. This information is subject to the privacy policies of the providers of the features, and CBR, and its parent company AWH, is not responsible for those providers’ information practices.
Many of CBR’s customers outsource all or a part of their supply chains to CBR. Through CBR’s forwarding and logistics business units, CBR manages these supply chains, focusing on supply chain optimization, freight forwarding and international trade and brokerage services for CBR’s customers worldwide (including a broad range of transportation solutions such as air, ocean and ground freight). CBR also provides information technology systems and distribution facilities adapted to the unique supply chains of specific industries such as health care, technology and consumer/retail businesses. In the course of providing forwarding and logistics services, CBR may obtain, use and disclose personal information about CBR’s customers’ customers. In these circumstances, CBR processes the information based on the agreement with CBR’s customers.
CBR also may disclose information about the User (i) if CBR is required to do so by law, regulation or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena), (ii) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities, or (iii) when CBR believes disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity. CBR reserves the right to transfer any information CBR has about the User in the event CBR sells or transfers all or a portion of CBR’s business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
The User’s Options
CBR offers the User certain choices about how CBR communicates with the User and what information CBR collects from the User. The User may choose not to receive marketing email communications from CBR by clicking on the unsubscribe link in CBR’s marketing emails, selecting the Email Unsubscribe link below, adjusting the User’s email preferences in the User’s profile in the User’s CBR account, or contacting CBR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail as specified in the “How To Contact Us” section below. The User also may ask CBR not to send the User other marketing communications by contacting CBR as specified in the “How To Contact Us” section below, and CBR will honor the User’s request. Consistent with the choices available in the “Information CBR Shares” section, the User may withdraw the User’s consent or object to certain information sharing by selecting the Privacy Preferences Centre link below or by contacting CBR as indicated below. In addition, as required by law, the User may object at any time on legitimate grounds, and free of charge, to the processing of the User’s personal information and CBR will apply the User’s preferences immediately and moving forward.
Opt out of providing certain information
CBR provides a number of ways for the User to opt out of receiving additional information from CBR or having CBR provide the User’s personal information to CBR’s partners and affiliates. CBR may offer the User these choices at the time the User gives CBR the User’s information. If the User is on a CBR Website that requires personal information but does not offer communication choices, or would like to change the User’s preferences – Privacy Preferences Center – for information that the User have previously provided, the User should adjust their preference settings or contact CBR customer service. It is the User’s responsibility to make these changes. If the User does not wish to continue receiving CBR’s email newsletters or bulletins, the User can opt out of receiving these communications by replying to the unsubscribe in the subject line in the email.
To learn more about how to opt out of the CBR ad network interest-based advertising, please visit the consumer opt-out page at:
If the User is a California resident, the User may ask CBR to refrain from sharing the User’s personal information with certain of CBR’s affiliates and other third parties for their marketing purposes. Please inform CBR of the User’s preference by contacting CBR as specified in this policy.
Access and Correction
Subject to applicable law, (i) the User may obtain a copy of certain personal information CBR maintains about the User or update or correct inaccuracies in that information through the User’s CBR account on corporatebusinessresource.com or (ii) the User may have the right to obtain access to personal information CBR maintains about the User by contacting CBR as indicated in the “How To Contact Us” section of this Privacy Notice. To help protect the User’s privacy and maintain security, CBR will take steps to verify the User’s identity and/or may ask the User to provide other details before granting the User access to the information. In addition, if the User believes that personal information CBR maintains about the User is inaccurate, subject to applicable law, the User may have the right to request that CBR corrects or amends the information by contacting CBR as indicated below.
Non-CBR Places and Services
For the User’s convenience and information CBR’s websites and apps may contain links to non-CBR places that may be operated by companies not affiliated with CBR. These companies may have their own privacy policies or notices, which CBR strongly suggest the User review. Failure to review said privacy policies is at the User’s own risk. CBR’s services also may be made available to the User through third-party platforms (such as providers of app stores) or through other third-party channels. CBR is not responsible for the privacy practices of any non-CBR places or services.
CBR may transfer the personal information CBR collects about the User to countries other than the country in which the information originally was collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which the User initially provided the information.
When CBR transfers the User’s personal information to other countries, CBR will protect that information as described in this Privacy Notice and in accordance with applicable law. CBR uses contractual protections for the transfer of personal information among various jurisdictions (including, for example, the European Commission’s standard contractual clauses).
CBR abides by the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Cross Border Privacy Rules System. The APEC CBPR system provides a framework for organizations to ensure protection of personal information transferred among participating APEC economies. If the User has an unresolved privacy or data use concern regarding CBR’s APEC CBPR and/or PRP certifications please visit CBR’s third-party dispute resolution provider.
Protection of Personal Information
CBR takes the security of the User’s personal information very seriously. CBR online services such as the CBR Online Store and other features protect the User’s personal information during transit using encryption such as Transport Layer Security (TLS). When the User’s personal data is stored by CBR, CBR uses computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures. With the exception of emails and forums, which are stored in encrypted form including when CBR utilizes third-party storage.
When the User uses some CBR products, services, materials, resources, or applications or posts on a CBR forum, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information and content the User shares is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. The User is responsible for the personal information the User chooses to share or submit in these instances. For example, if the User lists the User’s name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. The User should take care when using these features.
How CBR Protects Personal Information
CBR maintains administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information the User provides against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. Although CBR takes steps to limit access to CBR’s facilities and vehicles to authorized individuals, information that is located on the outside of a package or letter may be visible to others. It is incumbent upon the User to remember that information the User submits in a “for purposes of” customer or product support in a discussion group or forum will be deemed public information and is not confidential. There is a risk in such communication venues that information can be collected and used by others. The User is advised to be careful and responsible when online and with the personal information they disclose.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
The User’s Privacy Rights
You can help ensure that the User’s contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by signing in to the User’s CBR Account page. For other personal information CBR holds, CBR will provide the User with access (including a copy) for any purpose including to request that CBR correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if CBR is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes.
CBR may decline to process requests that are frivolous, vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. CBR may also decline aspects of deletion or access requests if CBR believes doing so would undermine CBR’s legitimate use of data for anti-fraud and security purposes as described earlier. Online tools for the exercise of access, deactivation, restriction, correction, or deletion requests are available through the User’s Account by accessing the Privacy Preferences Center. When the User makes a request using this online tool, CBR will verify the User’s identity and the legitimacy of the User’s request.
Additional Notice for California Consumers
This part of CBR’s Privacy Notice applies to consumers who reside in the State of California.
Personal Information CBR Collects about California Consumers
CBR describes the personal information CBR has collected from consumers in the twelve (12) months preceding the effective date of this Privacy Notice in the part of CBR’s Privacy Notice titled, “Information CBR Obtains.” The information CBR has obtained includes the following:
- Identifiers such as name, physical address, email address, username, password and other credentials used to access CBR products and services, social media handles, and, when the User visit CBR’s websites, use CBR’s apps or interact with CBR-related tools, widgets or plug-ins, Internet Protocol address unique device identifier.
- The following categories of personal information described in California Civil Code § 1798.80(e): (1) the personal information listed in the preceding bullet point as “identifiers,” (2) signature, (3) telephone number, (4) payment information (including payment card details or online payment services number and invoicing address) and financial information (such as bank account numbers), and (5) the other information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual that CBR describes in “Information CBR Obtains.”
- Commercial information, including (1) records of services purchased or received from CBR, (2) information provided to CBR regarding the content of certain shipments, but only to the extent an identifiable person can be linked to such content, (3) information on actions taken on CBR websites or mobile apps, which may include information about CBR services considered, and (4) information about consumer preferences and behavior that CBR collects on CBR’s websites and mobile apps or purchase from third parties in order to target consumers for digital advertisements or to personalize content CBR deliver on CBR’s websites and mobile apps.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with CBR websites and mobile apps, and CBR advertisements that CBR displays on CBR websites or mobile apps or on third party sites and apps.
- Geolocation data.
- Audio information from calls placed with customer service and accounting centers which may be recorded, and electronic information in the form of Internet or other electronic network activity information as described above.
- Professional or employment-related information in the form of business contact information such as name, company name, physical address and email address and telephone or fax number.
- Inferences drawn from (1) the information CBR collects when the User visit CBR’s websites, use CBR’s apps, or interact with CBR-related tools, widgets or plug-ins or CBR’s official social media pages or CBR-related social media apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins, (2) information CBR collects, including through third-party suppliers, regarding content and other data posted on the Internet (such as public locations on the Internet), and (3) information about consumer preferences and behavior that CBR collects on CBR’s websites and mobile apps or purchase from third parties in order to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behavior, and attitudes.
CBR collects this personal information from sources including shippers, consignees and other customers, including customers of CBR’s forwarding and logistics services, public databases, social media platforms, and third party partners such as analytics or marketing providers. For more information, please see “Information CBR Obtains.”
For information regarding the purposes for which CBR collects and use the personal information CBR collects regarding California consumers, please see “How CBR Uses the Information CBR Obtains.”
User’s California Privacy Rights
If the User is a California resident, the User has the following rights. CBR will honor requests received to the extent required by applicable law and within the time provided by law.
- Right to Access and Information regarding Personal Information. The User have the right to request that CBR disclose to the User the categories and specific pieces of personal information CBR has collected about the User. Specifically, the User have the right to request that CBR disclose the following to the User, in each case in the twelve-month period preceding the User’s request:
- The categories of personal information CBR has collected about the User;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- CBR’s business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom CBR share personal information;
- The specific pieces of information CBR has collected about the User;
- The categories of personal information about the User, if any, that CBR has disclosed for monetary or other valuable consideration and the categories of third parties to which CBR has disclosed the information, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to which CBR disclosed the personal information; and
- The categories of personal information about the User that CBR discloses for a business purpose.
CBR will deliver personal information that CBR is required by law to disclose to the User in the manner required by law within 45 days after receipt of a verifiable request, unless CBR notify the User that CBR requires additional time to respond, in which case CBR will respond within such additional period of time required by law. CBR may deliver the personal information to the User through the User’s account, if the User maintain an account with CBR, or electronically or by mail at the User’s option. If electronically, then CBR will deliver the information in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, in a readily useable format that allows the User to transmit the information from one entity to another without hindrance.
- Right to Deletion of Personal Information. The User have the right to request that CBR deletes Personal Information about the User that CBR has collected from the User.
- Right to Opt Out.
The User have the right to opt out of the disclosure of personal information about the User for monetary or other valuable consideration. To opt-out, click Do Not Sell My Personal Information.
To opt out of the collection of personal information by CBR’s social media, advertising, and analytics partners, the User can also visit the following sites:
CBR may not discriminate against the User because of the User’s exercise of any of the foregoing rights, or any other rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, including by:
- Denying the User goods or services;
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- Providing the User a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggesting that the User will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
CBR may, however, charge different prices or rates, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to CBR by the Userr personal information.
Requests to Exercise The User’s Rights
The User may request to exercise the foregoing rights by:
- Submitting a request through the CBR E-mail Application
- Calling CBR toll-free at 888-555-1212.
Please note that CBR may take steps to verify the User’s identity before granting the User access to information or acting on the User’s request to exercise the User’s rights, as required or permitted by law. CBR may limit CBR’s response to the User’s exercise of the above rights as permitted by law.
Data Sharing for Direct Marketing Purposes
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding CBR’s disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If the User are a California resident, the User may ask CBR to refrain from sharing the User’s personal information with certain of CBR’s affiliates and other third parties for their marketing purposes. Please tell CBR the User’s preference by contacting CBR as specified below. To make such a request, please tell CBR the User’s preference by contacting CBR as specified below.
Do Not Track
Please note that CBR’s websites and mobile apps are not designed to respond to “do not track” requests from web browsers.
Additional Notice for Nevada Consumers
You have the right to opt-out of the sale of the User’s personal information. CBR does not sell the User’s personal information. See CBR’s page on understanding and controlling the User’s personal information for more information on exercising the User’s rights. Where the online tool is not currently available for access requests in the User’s region, a request may be made directly to CBR.com/legal/privacy/contact.
Additional Notice for Maine Consumers
Additional Notice for Delaware Consumers
Further information can be obtained here:
Updates To CBR’s Privacy Notice
CBR continually monitors for changes and implementations of new privacy laws. This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically and without prior notice to the User to reflect changes in CBR’s personal information practices. CBR will post a prominent notice on CBR’s websites to notify the User of any significant changes to CBR’s Privacy Notice and indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated.
When a privacy question or question about personal information received in response to an access or download request is received, CBR has a dedicated team which triages the User’s contact information to the User’s issue. Where the User’s issue may be more substantive in nature, CBR may request more information from you. All such substantive contacts receive a response within seven (7) days wherever possible – providing a response on the issue raised, requesting additional information where necessary or indicating that a response will require additional time. The User may at any time refer the User’s complaint to the relevant regulator in the User’s jurisdiction if the User is unsatisfied with a reply received from us. If the User asks CBR, CBR will endeavor to provide the User with information about relevant complaint avenues which may be applicable to the User’s circumstances.
Where the User’s complaint indicates an improvement could be made in CBR’s handling of privacy issues CBR will take steps to make such an update at the next reasonable opportunity. In the event that a privacy issue has resulted in a negative impact on the User or another person CBR will take steps to address that with the User or that other person.
How To Contact Us
If the User has any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, or if the User would like CBR to update information CBR has about the User or the User’s preferences, please contact CBR by email using the Email Application.
The User also may write to CBR at:
Another Way Holdings
Attention: Privacy Manager
10655 Park Run Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89144
In addition, if the User resides in the European Economic Area, the User may identify the relevant data controller for the User’s personal information in accordance with the section “Relevant Data Controller” in the EEA Addendum below.
CBR: Privacy Notice – EEA Addendum
If the User are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the following additional EEA-specific provisions apply to CBR’s processing of the User’s personal information. For EEA residents, the provisions of this EEA Addendum prevail over conflicting provisions in the Privacy Notice.
Relevant Data Controller
In addition to CBR, AWH’s subsidiaries and affiliates located in the EEA collect personal information. The relevant data controller for the User’s personal information is CBR and its parent company AWH.
Information CBR Obtains
CBR process names, email addresses and telephone numbers of others to whom CBR is asked to send information on the assumption that the person who provided the information obtained it in accordance with applicable law. If this assumption is incorrect, please do not ask CBR to send information to third parties on the User’s behalf.
CBR may need certain of the User’s information in order to provide services, such as street addresses to deliver packages, or to use CBR’s website or CBR’s apps, such as the User’s IP address. In addition, CBR may be required by law to collect certain information, such as whether a package contains hazardoCBR materials. Where such information is so required, CBR may be unable to provide the User with CBR’s services unless the User provide CBR with this information.
In accordance with applicable law, CBR may obtain the User’s consent separately before collecting information by automated means using cookies or similar devices. To learn more about the cookies and similar devices CBR uses, please see CBR’s Cookies Policy.
How CBR Uses The Information CBR Obtains
The legal bases for which CBR collects, uses, transfers or discloses the User’s personal information includes (i) the performance of the contract CBR has with the User, (ii) marketing, improvement of CBR’s services and other legitimate business interests, (iii) compliance with a legal obligation, and (iv) the protection of the User’s and others vital interests. The corresponding purposes for which CBR processes the User’s personal information are systematically included in the “How CBR Uses the Information CBR Obtains” section in the Privacy Notice above.
CBR may process the User’s personal information based on the User’s consent, where required by law. If CBR requests the User’s consent, CBR will inform the User of the intended purposes for which the User’s information will be processed. Please note that if the User choose to withdraw the User’s consent, the User may not be able to participate in or benefit from CBR’s programs, subscriptions, materials, resources, services and initiatives for which the User provided consent. CBR also may use the information CBR obtain about the User in other ways for which CBR provides specific notice at the time of collection.
The User’s personal information will not be stored for longer than necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or as required under applicable retention policies and/or in accordance with applicable law. CBR’s retention policies reflect local statute of limitation periods and national statutory obligations of CBR.
International Data Transfers
If the User is a resident of the European Economic Area, CBR may transfer the User’s personal information to countries that have not been found by the European Commission to provide adequate protection, including the United States. For any such transfers, CBR takes necessary contractual measures to ensure that the User’s personal information receives an adequate level of protection (including, for example, standard contractual clauses). For further information about CBR’s international data transfer practices, and to consult the said contractual measures, please contact CBR using the contact details in the “How to Contact Us” section above.
The User’s Personal Information Rights
In addition to the right to access and correction, as specified above (under “Access and Correction” in the main body of this Notice), the User have (i) the right to request the transmission of the personal information the User have provided to CBR to the User or another company, (ii) the right to object to any uses or disclosures of the User’s personal information, (iii) the right to withdraw the User’s consent in relation to CBR’s processing of the User’s personal information based on the User’s consent, (iv) the right to request deletion of the User’s personal information and (iv) the right to request that CBR restrict processing of the User’s personal information.
The User may exercise these rights free of charge unless the request is unfounded, excessive, or otherwise unreasonable, for instance because it is repetitive. In some situations, CBR may refuse to act or may impose limitations on the User’s rights, as permitted by law. Before CBR is able to provide the User with any information or correct any inaccuracies, CBR may ask the User to verify the User’s identity and/or provide other details to help CBR responds to the User’s request. For the exercise of the User’s rights, please contact CBR using the contact information provided above in the “How to Contact Us” section. In all cases, the User has a right to file a complaint with a Data Protection Authority.